Today Apple has released an update to the iBooks Author software.
There are a few great features that have been added that will improve the functionality of your iBooks and also make the process a whole lot easier.
But the feature that I am most excited about is the Auto-Play for Media and HTML Widgets. Finally we can now have animations start playing when a page is turned.
All these features, slowly, are bringing iBooks just a little bit closer to iOS Books Apps. There’s a way to go, but the path is looking very positive.
The iBooks Author 2.2 Update includes:
- Apple just released a new version of iBooks Author. Here’s what’s new in the iBooks Author 2.2 update:
- Import ePub files
- Import Adobe InDesign IDML files
- Create customized books with new Blank templates
- New hyperlink options: link to a location in another book, link from an image, and more
- Improved transition support in Keynote widget
- Enable auto-play for media widget, Keynote widget, and HTML widget
- Readers can now interact with the HTML widget right on a book page
You can download iBooks Author here from the Apple website.