About me and what I have to offer.
iBooks Author Specialist – iOS App Developer – HTML5 Animation
Hi, my name is Steve, and I’ve been working online and creating digital products for quite some time now. But engaging storytelling is my passion.
I want to work with businesses, teachers, artists and picture book authors to create books that are “more than just words”. Books and documents that not only tell a story but also “show” and let you interact with images, animation, art, sound and video.
I found that producing a digital fixed-layout art book or picture book wasn’t as easy as it seemed. Amazon seemed to have everything in place for self publishers if they were writing a novel, and the text could re-flow depending on the device screen size and orientation.
iBooks Author & iBooks
iBooks Author is one of those applications that is under-appreciated. The potential this one piece of software has to get artists and picture book authors and educators published and out in the market is amazing.
The iBookStore doesn’t have the market that Amazon does, and it most likely never will, but when creating a fixed-layout style book that is necessary when text and images need to stay in place as designed, Amazon just doesn’t make it easy, let alone the lack of interactivity.
Another thing that most people, including myself until recently, is that as simple as the iBooks Author software can be, it is more than capable of going to a whole other level that makes it come to close an actual “app”. This is achieved with the HTML5 Widget, that lets you add another level of interactivity, including cartoon animations and iOS accelerometer-like effects based on the devices position.
Here are a few things you need to know about me:
- I have been self-employed since 1990.
- You’ll find my name in the credits of Disney’s “An Extremely Goofy Movie” and Scholastic Entertainment’s “Clifford’s Really Big Movie“
- I co-founded “Mad Cow Pictures” animation studio
- I’m an experienced website designer, writing HTML and CSS.
- App Developer using Xcode, Objective C and (Learning) Swift
- Am a Certified member of the Apple Consultants Network.
- Have written articles for the “Million Pens” website
- I like Tim Burton and Dr Seuss, so I combined both their styles and wrote and created a Rhyming Illustrated iBook called “A Little Bit of Darkness“.